WATCH: BBQ Shrimp & Zoodles Recipe
BBQ Shrimp may not be the healthiest meal out there… so, what’s a good way to feel a little less guilt?
GO LO-CARB WITH ZOODLES!
What are zoodles?
Zucchini + noodles = zoodles!
How did we achieve this amazing feat of vegetable sorcery?
We snagged this recipe from our good friend, Megan Romer (@meganromer on Twitter).
From the sound of it, Megan loves this recipe for it’s tastiness, and ease!
The best part about NOLA-style BBQ shrimp (which, as locals know, have little to do with BBQ as the rest of the country knows it) is the buttery, spicy sauce, sopped up with crusty French bread. Low-carbers, gluten-free folks, and others who avoid bread can get their fill of the buttery sauce in this one-skillet recipe that uses zucchini “noodles” (aka “zoodles”) to absorb it.
1 lb. large shrimp, shelled and deveined
1 tsp. Tony Chachere’s
1 tsp. freshly cracked pepper
4-5 medium zucchini
8 Tbsp. unsalted butter (1 stick)
6 large cloves garlic, minced
2 Tbsp. Worcestershire sauce (Cajun Power brand, if available)
Juice of one large lemon
- Toss shrimp with Tony’s and pepper. Let sit.
- Use spiralizer to turn zucchini into “zoodles”
- Melt butter in pan over medium heat.
- Add garlic, cook about 1 minute until slightly translucent. Do not brown.
- Add Worcestershire and lemon juice, stir in.
- Add shrimp. Cook, stirring and flipping, until pink all the way through, 3-5 minutes
- Add zoodles to the pan, tossing to coat with butter sauce and mix with shrimp, about one minute.
That’s all she wrote! Literally, that’s all Megan wrote. Enjoy zoodling!
Breaux Mart is New Orleans’ neighborhood grocery store, locally owned and operated for more than 40 years. With five locations in Metairie, River Ridge, Chalmette, Gretna, and the Garden District in New Orleans, Breaux Mart is a small business dedicated to focused on providing shoppers with outstanding customer service and quality groceries at competitive prices.News, Recipes | July 26th, 2016