What makes Louisiana satsuma season better?
Breaux Mart proudly offers the best prices, on the best locally grown satsumas. While the kids munch on deliciously juicy satsumas at snack-time, mom & dad can start planning the post-bedtime cocktail hour with his awesome satsuma margarita recipe.
SATSUMA MARGARITA RECIPE
- For the Glass Rim:
- 1 teaspoon satsuma orange zest
- 2 teaspoons white granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon kosher salt
- For the Drink:
- 6 fluid ounces tequila of choice
- 4 fluid ounce freshly squeezed lime juice
- 16 fluid ounces satsuma orange juice (from about 12 oranges)
- 4 fluid ounces Cointreu or triple sec
- On a small plate, mix together the orange zest, granulated sugar and salt. Rub a juiced lime around each of the glasses’ rims and dip them into the sugar/salt mixture.
- To make one cocktail, add a few ice cubes to a glass. Pour in 1 1/2 fluid ounces of tequila, 1 fluid ounce of lime juice, 4 fluid ounces satsuma orange juice and 1 fluid of Cointreu or triple sec; stir to combine. Repeat with the remaining cocktails. Serve immediately.
Want more tasty Breaux Mart recipe ideas? Click here!
Breaux Mart is New Orleans’ neighborhood grocery store, locally owned and operated for more than 40 years. With five locations in Metairie, River Ridge, Chalmette, Gretna, and the Garden District in New Orleans, Breaux Mart is a small business dedicated to focused on providing shoppers with outstanding customer service and quality groceries at competitive prices.News, Recipes | November 30th, 2016