Looking for a homemade chicken finger, with a lot of crunch?
Try using potato chips as a coating!
Watch the video to see how we pull off creating a tasty chicken finger, with a crunchy Louisiana twist.
This idea was inspired by the Simply Scratch – Potato Chip Crusted Chicken Tenders recipe.
Here are the details…
2-3 pounds of Chicken Tenders
1 cup Buttermilk
1 bag of Zapp’s Regular Flavor Potato Chips
1/4 teaspoon Garlic Powder
1/4 teaspoon Onion Powder
1/4 teaspoon Paprika
1 bag of Zapp’s Drago’s Roasted Garlic Potato chips
FOR THE DIPPING SAUCE:
3/4 cup ranch
1/4 cup hot sauce
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- In a bowl, mix buttermilk and eggs, whisking them together. Set aside.
- In a bowl, crush regular chips, adding garlic powder, paprika, and onion powder. Mix well
- In another bowl, crush Drago’s chips.
- Set up dipping station, including a baking sheet & rack.
- Picking up chicken tenders, let excess coating drip back into bowl.
- Coat half of the chicken fingers with regular chips, the other half with Drago’s.
- Place chicken fingers on baking sheet.
- Bake in pre-heated oven, for 20-25 minutes, until chicken is cooked thoroughly.
- Let chicken tenders cool.
- TO MAKE DIPPING SAUCE, add hot sauce to ranch dressing and stir.
Breaux Mart is proud to be New Orleans’ locally owned, neighborhood grocery for 40+ years. Locations in Metairie, Garden District, River Ridge, Gretna, & Chalmette. We offer great prices and personalized customer service. Thanks for shopping with your Breaux!News, Recipes | April 14th, 2016